We should maintain that if an interpretation of any word in any religion leads to disharmony and does not positively further the welfare of the many, then such an interpretation is to be regarded as wrong; that is, against the will of God, or as the working of Satan or Mara.

Buddhadasa Bikkhu, a Thai Buddhist Monk


Friday, November 23, 2012

Another Blog

Although my "day job" (or, "calling" if you like) is to be a pastor, I still dabble in the study of Thai church history, which used to be my calling & day job. The focus of my dabbling is my personal website, herbswanson.com. For over a year now, I've been working at revising and upgrading the website, which has involved getting rid of some things and adding others. Today, I've adapted the blog that I used for Bible commentary (for awhile) to link with the website. This new blog, "A Resources Blog," will contain notes and comments on resources that I come across, especially online.  It is largely intended for researchers and others who have an interest in the history of Thai Christianity, but if you like you can wander over and take a look at either the website or the blog—or both.  Enjoy.