We should maintain that if an interpretation of any word in any religion leads to disharmony and does not positively further the welfare of the many, then such an interpretation is to be regarded as wrong; that is, against the will of God, or as the working of Satan or Mara.

Buddhadasa Bikkhu, a Thai Buddhist Monk


Saturday, January 11, 2014

"In the folds of tender grass"

Psalm 23 (from the Bay Psalm Book, 1640)

1 The Lord to me a shepherd is,
Want therefore I shall not,
He in the folds of tender grass
Doth make me down to lie

2 To waters calm he gently leads
Restore my soul doth he
He doth in paths of righteousness
For his names sake lead me.

3 Yea though in valley of death’s shade
I walk none ill I’ll fear,
Because thou art with me, thy rod,
and staff my comfort are.

4 For me a table thou hast spread
In presence of my foes;
Thou dost annoint my head with oil
My cup it over–flows.

5 Goodness and mercy surely shall
All my days follow me;
And in the Lord’s house I shall dwell
So long as days shall be.

Source: VirtualLit Interactive Fiction Tutorial